dchance

Swing Jigs with no hook

I really like the fastach style swing jigs. thinking of pouring them without the hook and using a spit ring to attach the hook. due to the hook angle I am thinking of using swimbait style hooks with a hitch hiker to attach the bait. 

thoughts?

Ya I don' see the need for the point in switching out hooks.  I' not saying you couldn' just don' see point in it u can run that same swim bait on an ewg hook .  Or just make some extra jigs so u r just retiring your jig not trying to switch hooks. 

I do it all the time with my fastach swing jigs.  very nice to keep same weight and downsize bait/ hook. minimizes the amount of jigs you need. can use bigger hooks or different styles based on baits. plenty of reasons to have the ability to switch hooks. I just don't want to pay for the fastach. I pour my own and want to figure out a way to have that ability with the do it mold

Edited by dchance

1 hour ago, Bassinfool said:

I just use an EWG and split rings.  I would be worried that the bait keeper/coil would interfere with the split ring in the hook eye and cause the bait not to run correctly.

well due to the line tie, that would make a regular ewg sit sideways. it needs to have an vertical line tie, I don't know any ewg worm hooks that are like that.