bryanmc

Bulk powder paint

2 hours ago, aulrich said:

Has anyone gotten the HF powder to work in a fluid bed, I just can't seem to get it to flow like the pro-tec or any of the automotive supplier powders.

I bought some of their paint years ago when I first started. Didn’t take me long to get rid of it. Gave it away. Went to Columbia Coatings powder and haven’t looked back.

59 minutes ago, Apdriver said:

I bought some of their paint years ago when I first started. Didn’t take me long to get rid of it. Gave it away. Went to Columbia Coatings powder and haven’t looked back.

I tried H.F. also, It made a nice color addition to my waste can lol.  Up until I bought a pound of white off of Cadman, all of my white and black came from Eastwood car company. I got a deal there. Protec/CS for all others colors.

I used H.F paint, still do. Hate the flat black, Your right about the white being hard  to float , but can be done just use less and stir it a lot. Like the red and the yellow.  Got blue and ink black from prismatic powders. Used a color wheel and now have over 30 colors. Use protec for some colors.

I just got some from a Canadian supplier called "Emerald Coatings"  a quick test showed it will work in the fluid bed.  

One thing I noticed on the web site is they gave what I think is the Specific Gravity of the powder. Has anyone noticed this and tried to connect SG value and a paint that is a PIA to work with in a typical aquarium pump fluid bed.

Even as a baseline does anyone know what the value might be for the pro-tech paint , I did do a quick google and could not find any numbers