rockslide

anyone know how to do this

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 12:43 AM, alsworms said:

Seems like a lot of work, but if they turn out looking like that........who cares!?

Ain't that the truth as far as a lot of work's concerned, but i really like that too. I'm a tube finatic & that just gave me some ideas to try for sure. Very, very nice. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2018 at 8:38 AM, Marker54 said:

Lol .. that looks like a lure that was shot when there was some plastic burning in the pot . That’s burned bits of plastic floating in  the rest of the plastic .. got lucky and made a cool design 

I mean seriously, with all the great things on this site and sharing of knowledge....

And your contribution is Lol ... it's burned plastic and he got lucky? SMH

(I've been a lurker for a long time appreciating the hard work of the members and how this site is like a big community but i had to comment about what I would consider as someone just Hating on anothers work)

Edited by kage_killa
First post explanation

These are Crappie jigs , 1.5" long I hand dip them. Ive been Dipping Minijigs In California SInce 1985. Here is another sample of my work. Mark , on the previous photo what you see inside the plastic is flake to give the bait a little flash.

img-e3142.jpg

Edited by Jgzee1
addinfo

10 hours ago, kage_killa said:

I mean seriously, with all the great things on this site and sharing of knowledge....

And your contribution is Lol ... it's burned plastic and he got lucky? SMH

(I've been a lurker for a long time appreciating the hard work of the members and how this site is like a big community but i had to comment about what I would consider as someone just Hating on anothers work)

I don’t see any sharing on the part of the guy who makes them at all. Just picture of what he can do. Which is not allowed unless you are helping explain something. Did not think Marker54 meant it the way you took it. Jgzee1 please share how you do it please. 

My replies have the Answer , The base coat one color and top coat seals the artwork . (the artwork  is made with ink) These are hand dipped Rods used not injectable mlolds , but it can be done with mold.

BTW Marker54's reply starts off with "lol" which is exactly what he was trying to do. 

I'm here to share my knowledge , if its asked for not to get hated on. I get enough of that on Social Media. 

Frank ---Tackleunderground.com allows you to create, exhibit & discuss techniques related to fishing tackle production and improving it's effective use .

Edited by Jgzee1
added info

Exhibit is in the gallery. Until now you did not discuss how you did it. But thank you for sharing your knowledge of how it is done. I have found one thing here in all the years I have shared, you can tell them how it is done and very few will actually take the time to put in alll the hard work to do what you do.  Doing this to make something of it takes a lot of time and effort. Unless you sit down and spend hours and days doing it no one will understand how hard it really is. That tray of baits took him in my opinion hours to make. Not very many people want to invest that kinda time to do it. I respect that cause I have spent the hours and days to make baits for people.  And again thank you for sharing. 

• Like 3

On 11/20/2018 at 11:08 PM, Jgzee1 said:

My replies have the Answer , The base coat one color and top coat seals the artwork . (the artwork  is made with ink) These are hand dipped Rods used not injectable mlolds , but it can be done with mold.

BTW Marker54's reply starts off with "lol" which is exactly what he was trying to do. 

I'm here to share my knowledge , if its asked for not to get hated on. I get enough of that on Social Media. 

Frank ---Tackleunderground.com allows you to create, exhibit & discuss techniques related to fishing tackle production and improving it's effective use .

Hot Mandrel Dipping?