Bronzeback Cowboy

Lure eyes for swimbaits

I recently have been trying my hand at shooting swimbaits. So far, its going okay. I noticed my mold allows for eyes to be placed on the soft plastic after it has dried and this is not something I've ever messed with as a fisherman in general. What are some of your thoughts on using lure eyes for swimbaits/flukes/creatures? Is there a 'best practice'? Does it really help? How durable will they be? Do you prefer adhesive or glue? Do you clear coat your bait once you've finished? Any other thoughts in general in this arena? 

Regards, 

Bronzeback Cowboy

IMG_3124.JPG

Edited by Bronzeback Cowboy
Picture added

4 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

I have lots of stick on eyes FOR  SALE.       If you measure the  eye socket I will tell you what eye you need .

well see picture for size .

they would be just like Munro76 uses.

eyes.jpg

So I measured the eye last night. I came up with 1/4 inch from the front of the eye to the back. Would you recommend getting a size smaller? Do you have flat ones?

6 mm      would work for sure,, a 7mm mite fit ,,  they are not totally flat, bumped out a little - called 3D .

with your bait having a cup or eye socket  to sit the eye in they would not stick out much at all . 

Edited by Bass-Boys

15 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

6 mm      would work for sure,, a 7mm mite fit ,,  they are not totally flat, bumped out a little - called 3D .

with your bait having a cup or eye socket  to sit the eye in they would not stick out much at all . 

Thanks for the tip! Where can I place a small order for them? I would like to try them out!