WOBDlureco

flipping jig recommendation

I use a Do It spinnerbait mold.  This mold gives me a pointy shaped jig head which, in my view, gets you way ahead of anything else in it’s class.  It comes through brush and grass amazingly well. From this jig head, pick the hook you like best, add a weed guard, a grub holding barb, a skirt, and use a paint job that will stand up to the abuse it will get!

The cons:  building a jig like this is labor intensive.  For example, I wanted to have the hook eye protrude directly out of the point of the jig head, and in a horozontal position.  To accomplish this, I had to heat the hook shank to straighten it out, and twist the eye into a horizontal position. Then, I used a dremel tool to modify the mold to accept a hook like this.  The goal:  More hookups,  Fewer hangups!

I think it will depend on the weight you need to use and the cover. For dead falls and brush I really like the brush jig but when you have grass my absolute favorite is the snootie jig. I make a 5/8oz snootie with a 6/0 Mustad 32786, it gets down through even thick grass easily and the design makes it relatively compact for the size of the jig even with a 6/0 hook.