Jeff Hahn

Need help finding this lure making part

On the left is the Figure 8 link from Jann's that I use to make bladed jigs.  It's a Size 3.  On the right is a Size 1 Figure 8 link from Jann's.  I prefer the Size 1, but the one that Jann's sells is made of a soft metal, almost like what you'd find in a jewelry making kit.  After one or two fish, the link gets bent and the bait won't run well.  Plus, continuously readjusting results in the link getting loose in the jighead.  I really want to find more of the Size 1 Figure 8 links but in a harder metal.  Any ideas...particularly of a product like this that is used in some other kind of manufacturing and not advertised as a lure making part?

index2.jpg

19 hours ago, 21xdc said:

If you are dead set on using those, I suggest you buy the bigger/thicker one and modify the mold to fit. 

I have taken a couple of the larger Figure 8 Links and cut them, bent the wire into a smaller loop, and made baits out of them.  In theory, they should act like the small Figure 8 Link, but they don't.  I suspect that it's due to the larger ones being made of thicker wire.