Charlie j

Rufus poop

Ya I would start with Chartreuse and dirty it up a bit with GP

PBB4T-259.jpg

Depends what bait you are making. Only thin apendage will be the lighter color. Here is a Chart pumpkin I made to show what I mean.

79.jpg

Edited by MonteSS
  • Like 1

When matching a color it always helps to have an actual sample in hand. To save some time it helps to invest in a black light. You can pick up a cheap hand held from places like Amazon or Ebay or just pick up a bulb from somewhere local and stick it in a lamp/fixture. If that bait fluoresces in the black light you can guarantee your dealing with a fluorescent, likely chartreuse in this case.  Ruling in or out a fluorescent dye/pigment in the beginning when matching a color can save time and headaches.

Is it possible that this is a two color tube? Chartreuse underneath for tail color. Pumpkin of some sort for body? Either way looks like some form of Chartreuse Pumpkin. Thats my WAG.

9 hours ago, McLuvin175 said:

When matching a color it always helps to have an actual sample in hand. To save some time it helps to invest in a black light. You can pick up a cheap hand held from places like Amazon or Ebay or just pick up a bulb from somewhere local and stick it in a lamp/fixture. If that bait fluoresces in the black light you can guarantee your dealing with a fluorescent, likely chartreuse in this case.  Ruling in or out a fluorescent dye/pigment in the beginning when matching a color can save time and headaches.

Is it possible that this is a two color tube? Chartreuse underneath for tail color. Pumpkin of some sort for body? Either way looks like some form of Chartreuse Pumpkin. Thats my WAG.

Great tips for sure. I use this on a weekly basis ;)

I have a tube in this colour in hand, it's a single colour and I would definitely start with an amber (Lureworks). In my opinion (whatever that is worth) that is what it is, I can say for sure that there is no chartreuse in it. 

Lureworks amber and add 0.062 Black, 0.035 Kelly Green and 0.035 Purple. 

1 hour ago, DaveMc1 said:

Great tips for sure. I use this on a weekly basis ;)

I have a tube in this colour in hand, it's a single colour and I would definitely start with an amber (Lureworks). In my opinion (whatever that is worth) that is what it is, I can say for sure that there is no chartreuse in it. 

Lureworks amber and add 0.062 Black, 0.035 Kelly Green and 0.035 Purple. 

Poor boy baits was originally lure raft now depending on how old the color is it should be lure craft color I'm still waiting to hear back from my sources o find out exactly.  

7 hours ago, dsqui said:

Poor boy baits was originally lure raft now depending on how old the color is it should be lure craft color I'm still waiting to hear back from my sources o find out exactly.  

Absolutely Poor Boys Baits were made by Shawn & Kim, however, they outsourced their tubes so I would imagine that they were made with whatever pigments/dyes the manufacturer used. 

Only reason I referenced Lureworks is that is what I use as my primary source of pigments/dyes (I do use a select few LureCraft & MF colours)

• Like 1