Time Bandit

Patent on Delta Blades?

I wanted to check something with you experts here....I was told recently that there is a patent held on the delta blades used on buzzbaits.  I'm referencing the blades where the wire passes through the middle of the blade itself going from the tab on the front of the blade to the one on the back.  

This sounded wildly inaccurate to me, but I wanted to check it with you guys first.  Anybody heard this or know anything about it?

I'm sure there would be a patent on those blades, but I really have no need to know for sure. 

The patent would make it illegal for you to manufacture those blades without being licensed to do so, whether it be for personal use or resale. When you purchase the blades from a manufacturer (in this case, Worth), you are allowed to use those blades. 

Anglinarcher, I don't know if there are knockoffs of that style.  And the patent number is stamped on all of the delta blades.  The off-set style which the wire stays on one side doesn't have a patent that I know of.  The War Eagle buzzbait has the off-set style blade.

Battlefield Wire used to make the delta blade and they were about 5 miles from where I formerly lived.  Was in their shop several times and they said they had stamped enough blades over the years to cover the bottom of the great lakes, lol.  I believe Worth bought their tooling and patent. 

IF you have the patent number, you can search it out and see if it is sill effective.  Lots of patents still get stamped that are no longer valid.  Just like Patent Applied is stamped to discourage people from making copies, even if the item is not patentable.  

• Like 1