ddl

oil for silent air ?

can we use the oil that are made for big job compressor for a silent air dr 500 ?  what's the specs i have to look at ? 

btw i'll not miss my badger tc910 at all. ive got an oiless because ive read too much bs about lubricated compressor like oil in the paint blah blah.all wrong info. i even look with a microscope  at a drop of water that have been sprayed with my ab and there is nothing more than water in that .

george ,a brand would be very appreciate .their oil is ridiculously expensive,for obvious reason they didn't give any specs of their oil because it's obviously not their oil it's just a repack that must cost 6 $ for 1l . their oil cost 32 bucks for something like 32 oz. the only thing that i know it's a synthetic oil , without detergent .of course they don't even care to giving us the specs of the required oil. it's almost like if ford would telling you that you have to use ford oil if you want them to honor their guarantee.ridiculous ! 

finally i'll chose the one made by them ,it's 50 bucks shipped for 24 oz.  it's really pricey but i'll continue to use that one till i'll find a safe substitution . 50 dollars for a year is far to be the end of the world but i have principle and one of them is to don't give my money at guys that are obviously  laughing at me.  it's almost the price of cognac lol

Edited by ddl