Janie'sPassion

4oz Bottom Bouncer Molds

My dad and I are searching for a 4 oz bottom bouncer mold to no avail. We have found the three models from Do-It and talked to them on the phone, however they only go up to 3 oz.

I'm positive that a 4 oz would work better for our fishing, but am having the damndest time finding one. It was recommended I seek out Hilts, but am coming up empty there too, so thought maybe I could get some feedback from this forum to see if anyone else has knowledge of that big of a bottom bouncer mold, aside from taking a blank and finding a local C&C shop to bore it out.

Has anyone here ever come across a 4oz mold? Thanks for your time, if anyone could give me feedback either way.

Here is a cheaper solution for you instead of going to a machinist. Go get a do-it  in line trolling sinker mold. (See links below). Take the mold and drill a hole at the top of the mold  into the eyelet and a hole at the bottom into the eyelet. Now you will have a thru hole from top to bottom. Cut what ever wire length you need, put a kink in the wire that will sit in the mold cavity. This will keep the sinker from moving up and down. Fill your mold cavity with lead. Once done you can twist an eyelet at the top of your wire for the main line, and at the tag end make a loop to accept a snap swivel. You should be good to go.  It's not complicated, just figure out what size wire you want, as 4 oz is heavy and will bend most stainless steel wire.  You may need a .050 or .060 wire. If you need more help just PM me and I will help you out.

https://store.do-itmolds.com/In-Line-Trolling-SinkerbrSz-2-3-4_p_670.html

https://store.do-itmolds.com/In-Line-Trolling-SinkerbrSz-3-4-5_p_671.html

PS: The inline sinkers are the same in shape as your bottom bouncer weights. All you have to do to the in-line sinker is adapt a wireform to go thru the cavity.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

You don't have to drill.  Take a piece of .051 wire and place in in the mold.  Now use a press or even a block of wood and hammer and compress the mold. 

I've modified several molds using that process.

I'd use .051 wire as anything heavier is going to be very hard to work with.  You can get  a Twistech former that will handle .051.  That will make the loops.  Do your wire forming before you pour the sinker.  It will be easier that way.

• Like 1

I pour bottom bouncers up to 6oz for trolling for catfish. I use an EGG SINKER mold, I pour 1oz up to 6oz. Just insert the wire through the slot where the pull wire goes and pour away. You'll get a tiny bit of over pour onto the wire if you use 035 wire, but it comes right off with a pair of side cutters. You can also move the wire to adjust how far up/down you want the weight to be on the shank, but don't try and slide the weight after you pour it! 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, LimpNoodle said:

You don't have to drill.  Take a piece of .051 wire and place in in the mold.  Now use a press or even a block of wood and hammer and compress the mold. 

I've modified several molds using that process.

I'd use .051 wire as anything heavier is going to be very hard to work with.  You can get  a Twistech former that will handle .051.  That will make the loops.  Do your wire forming before you pour the sinker.  It will be easier that way.

Ive been pouring 4oz., 6oz. and 1 1/2 lb bottom bouncer and handline weights using the trolling sinker mold for years. Makes for a great weight, a little flash to trim off but not that  big of a deal.

• Like 1