jonister

Ac1315

Just thought I'd post about this. So around this time last year or so I was playing around with ac1315. Maybe later than that. I never liked it because i felt it didnt cure good. All those baits I painted got thrown in a tackle box and forgot about until the other day. Needless to say, they are all rock solid. I feel it's as solid as KBS, if not more. I dont know how long it took em, but if your like me and forget about it, you'll have some pretty solid baits in a year. Wishing I hadn't chucked the can now. Might require more playing around with now. 

I use a coat of clear nail polish around the sst hitchhiker I use for attaching the soft plastic worm tails to my rat baits to provide a barrier.

Short term contact isn't a problem, but leaving a worm in contact with an AC1315 coated bait overnight will cause softening of the AC, and will ruin the paint scheme.

I leave my worm tails attached all day when I'm fishing a rat, but I try not to leave the worm lying across the bait, and I remove them at the end of the day, and store them so they are not in contact with the bait.

• Thanks 1