Georgie

"cloudiness" in plastics from MF

Been using Plasticsols from MF and sometimes have a "cloudiness" issue rather then a  clear, translucence with various colors. Any ideas as to why this may be occurring? Any others have this similar problem with MF plastics?  MF can give me no clues as to why. They are not very helpful! Using from their large 55 g drums in unheated garage area.

several custom color blends we use which are all clear and transparent. Have tried remixing and re stirring drum contents but still get same problem, but not all the time. Could temperature of drum contents be the problem? MF has been re-contacted several times and does not know what to do and cannot or will not contact his manufacturer engineers with the problem. He suggested we go to this web site for info from others. Drum is kept in garage and is susceptible to temp fluctuations.

You mentioned "sometimes" and "various colors".  So does this happen with specific colors? Where do these colors come from? Not all colors even if from a reputable manufacturer are translucent.  Are you saying one time a color will be translucent and the next time it wont?

There should be nothing storage in a garage can do in my experience to cloud a finished bait. The only time I have had cloudiness is with undercooked plastic. Is that possible in your scenario? If there is moisture it would seem to boil off when heating. What kind of set up are you running?

Another have cloudiness is by adding to much heat stabilizer; it will milk up a bait or color. Are you adding heat stabilizer? Are you running salt? Flotation Aid? Any other additives?

Edited by McLuvin175
repeated sentence