Spinnerz

Beginners Molding Kit

Thank's everyone for their contribution and insight on this website.  I want to test my own POP molds with a small batch of plastic.  I'm starting with Senkos.  

I'm ordering Baitjunky's 1 Gal plastisol.  What else all do I need to make the Senkos?   Plastisol is not your ordinary material but aren't the additives such as heat stabilizer, hardener, softner, worm oil, pigments, and scents things you can buy elsewhere?   

Thanks again.

Wow, Lureworks has a great selection, thanks!  Will I need the heat stabilizer specific for plastisol?  And will I need any of the hardener/softer ingredients as additives?   I watch videos and people just throw this stuff in without much instruction.  

54 minutes ago, Spinnerz said:

Also, I notice, salt is needed also...  Is there anything special to the salt than it is finely ground?  

You have just asked  a question that starts a lot of conversation.  :lol:

Summary yes you will need salt or other replacement to function in the role.   Salt size is important and guys are all over the place in what is needed and why.

Fine stays suspended better but clouds the bait for a few reasons.  Ideally should be dry before use (salt naturally picks up water) and fewer additives the better (anti caking agents for example) .   Ideally salt that is crystallized in small granules would be the best option but....      Do a search and you will find a lot of information on brands and sources but a "popcorn salt" overall good choice to begin with.    Plastic temp also can help as cooler plastic and help keep salt suspended longer (especially if larger grained".   Flake salts are a better choice but more costly and frequently you aren't getting what you paid for at one time only one location in US making it from what I recall.  

Some use round glass bead blasting media in lue of salt.   More "true" colors and a more resilient bait.   Ebay easy source or can buy a the HD additive from Do it that works similar but more expensive.   Personally I would go with  glass beads from ebay (size 10 MIL / 100-170 grit). 

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To make things easy and to keep your head from spinning 

4 oz soft plastic

2 tablespoons of salt

this will get you started as stated before  you can use glass or salt . Me I use a mix of both with a teaspoon of softner  and I go 3 tablespoons of salt/glass mix but I like my sticks soft and heavy . 

• Thanks 1