finlander

6 rpm rotisserie motor

Gentlemen. Greetings. I haven’t been here in a long time. What I need help with is a good source for a motor. Tried turning something coated with E-Tex this am and came home to find it in the 6 o’clock position. E-Tex had slid south a bit. Motor stopped its turning. Would like a motor that keeps the revolutions going, not stopping after so many minutes and goes to an oscillating mode. Thanks for your help.  bhw

Can’t find any motors locally. I made a maple wood fender I soaked and bent for my recumbent

trike and wanted to protect it with E-Tex. Old epoxy too. Working in basement where it is cooler but I’m sure the humidity is high. Used a torch to expell the bubbles and it really turned out well for the age of the ET. Going to do wife’s fender next. I have to round edges more so epoxy doesn’t pull away. 

Forgot to mention I’m just flipping maple fender over every few minutes and reclamping in to work bench. One end of piece is still raw. That is where I clamp and maybe it will set up quickly. A long time ago someone here flipped this lures after coating, hanging by screw eyes in the nose n tail. 

My second coat has firmed up already so it’s not sagging. ( I had better go check it ). Years back after stirring a & b I would let it sit

for a bit before brushing it on.  Maybe it’s age has something to do with it. I still have an unopened box of E-Tex that was priced at HobbyLobby from 2009. Do t know the mfg’d date. 

Thanks. Just checked it again and epoxy is dry, not tacky.  Now I can coat her fender after woodburning a name onto the maple.  This sets up so fast that a motor is not needed yet.  Cooling off here behind front with less humidity. Wonder if that will change the dry times?  Wait n see. Have a guud one.