Fisheye48

looking for a saltwater jig head

Dont fool yourself into thinking you cant modify a mold for a bigger hook. It can be as difficult as a cnc mill, or as simple as a drill bit to enlarge the hook eye and a triangle file to open the shank opening. 

Or the redneck approach is to put the bigger hook in, align it perfectly and whack the mold closed with a hammer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slammingjack said:

Not sure if I'm following this ... do-it has a few saltwater molds. I have the 1/8 and 1/4 oz round head with EC635 hooks. Plus two other molds.

I'm thinking the OP wants the head to look like picture provided. Not very many options there in saltwater from Do-It. I know he can mod the Poison Tail mold.  He also mentioned saltwater, but you can use black nickel hooks in saltwater. The hook he is showing in the picture is not a saltwater hook, so I don't really know what the OP is  looking for.  Also for an 1/8 oz head, if you want a heavy hook, you will have to modify the mold. Not many big hooks (EC 635) are going to fit in a 1/8 oz mold .

21 hours ago, cadman said:

I'm thinking the OP wants the head to look like picture provided. Not very many options there in saltwater from Do-It. I know he can mod the Poison Tail mold.  He also mentioned saltwater, but you can use black nickel hooks in saltwater. The hook he is showing in the picture is not a saltwater hook, so I don't really know what the OP is  looking for.  Also for an 1/8 oz head, if you want a heavy hook, you will have to modify the mold. Not many big hooks (EC 635) are going to fit in a 1/8 oz mold .

You can use "non saltwater" hooks. Just clean them really well in soapy water, rinse well. I do that with all hooks, rods and reels after every trip to the salt. We even use Bronzed hooks "spec rigs" with 2.5" Fin-S fish on them and they last IF you take care of them.