Saugerman

Enforcer Weed Beater Frog Mols

There are no better frog molds that Enforcer. I've used almost every frog ever made (including those that can be made from hobby molds) and I can't find any that are better. I have the original 4.5" frog and it's phenomenal. The weed beater has a thicker more horny toad style body which makes it cast a bit further. You can't go wrong with either one.

My 4.5" Weed Beater was delivered this afternoon and I molded up 4 baits from the new MF Super Float plastic and ran down to the docks on the Mississippi River to give it a try. 

Very impressed! I was able to fish it very slow...even on just Duckweed.! The slot on the top protected the hook point well and gave me a nice place to skin hook it. I landed 2 nice fat largemouth just standing on the docks! Then it happened...the reason why I wanted this bait instead of the standard plastic (Spro) type frog....a darn 2' long (or so) Northern Pike hit it and in a fraction of a second it was cut off! But I only lost a hook and an injection bait so I cussed half as much as I usually do!

I also caught a nice smallmouth playing around with the bait as a "creature bait".  The bait looks REALLY good as a creature bait because those tails really have some nice action as it sinks. I'm going to take the boat out tomorrow and see how it does as a frog....with a small bullet sinker on the nose.  We do well here by dragging a swim jig across the weeds and then letting it drop off the edge and sink along the edge of the weeds. This bait should be a killer at that!

The bait injected very nicely. A large spru to feed the bait plastic as it shrank and I didn't notice any denting. The bait had enough mass that I was able to throw it on my heavy frog rod, but still I was able to fish it very slow in the slop.

A+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear your happy with that mold Dabehr . You mentioned MF plastic , I highly recommend Jeff's easy stretch formula for any of the frog molds  that I sell  . I've been able to get a lot of extra life out of the frogs (and other baits) with that formula .

• Like 1