After s year of using glass and 2 years of heavy use my Do It large  (9oz ) injector shows a lot of scoring inside, but no damage to O rings. However using the injector this past weekend I can hear air coming out of the Oring on the plunger.

Actually I feel lucky to get 2 years out of the O rings.

That said, I ordered 2 new O rings from Do It, Price was $4.98 shipping with the "Super Savor" was 8.95??  imagine if I didn't use a "Super Saver " .  They could put those two things in an envelope with fist class postage for .49 

Where do you guys buy O rings? I really hate to spend a few hours wandering around the orange superstore looking for those small items. Or another 2 hours wandering around the blue superstore.  Not sure if these rings are a standard size.

11 hours ago, Tiderunner said:

Where do you guys buy O rings? I really hate to spend a few hours wandering around the orange superstore looking for those small items. Or another 2 hours wandering around the blue superstore.  Not sure if these rings are a standard size.

Ebay.  You just need to find out what size that you need.   If you PM me your address, I'll send you one of the ones that fit my BassTackle injector (along with the size info) to try.  Failing that you could always ask Do-it what size the o ring is. 

If there is a hydraulic shop anywhere near you they could probably help you put as well with size info.

Edited by bryanmc

On 7/20/2018 at 1:50 PM, mark poulson said:

I’m scratching my head on how unused abrasive media would scratch less than used/recycled.  Using it new for abrasive blasting knocks the sharp edges off.  On the other hand I haven’t used this media for any reason except abrasive blasting, and it certainly has no cutting power after 1 use. 

11 hours ago, Painter1 said:

I’m scratching my head on how unused abrasive media would scratch less than used/recycled.  Using it new for abrasive blasting knocks the sharp edges off.  On the other hand I haven’t used this media for any reason except abrasive blasting, and it certainly has no cutting power after 1 use. 

Recycled media is crushed glass, IE bottles etc. New media is just that new. Made that way from hot melt or whatever process is involved in making it.

• Like 1

I'll give away something I've tried cause I know there is no way the commercial injectors will use it in their machines.. besides it settles pretty hard.    reflective coating powder.. the stuff the use for coating centerline strips.  can't remember where I found it .. but it was pretty cool.. I'm pretty sure its glass or silica (which is what glass is anyway).. give that a try.  It will make baits heavier.. but like I said, it settles