cadman

Mustad #32893 hook

I have a couple of each of the #32893 hooks in 2/0, 3/0 and 4/0.  It looks like these have been discontinued. I see Cap't Hooks looks like they have 4/0, however I will find out tomorrow. By any chance, does anyone have any of these they would like to sell that they do not use? I am looking for all 3 sizes, and looking for 100+ hooks. If you have any to sell please send me a PM. If you know other sources, please post it here. Thanks in advance.

I only have them in a 3/0 Cadman but I only have like 30 left.  I was trying to find them myself as I use them for my Eakins style jigs but I've given up hope.  I believe that was the hook Jewel was using for their jigs but now when you read the description of their jigs they say they are using a custom Mustad. I'm guessing it is still the 32893 but no longer available to the general public.

5 hours ago, smalljaw said:

I only have them in a 3/0 Cadman but I only have like 30 left.  I was trying to find them myself as I use them for my Eakins style jigs but I've given up hope.  I believe that was the hook Jewel was using for their jigs but now when you read the description of their jigs they say they are using a custom Mustad. I'm guessing it is still the 32893 but no longer available to the general public.

That is exactly what I am trying to match an Eakin style jig and yes they are no longer made. You have an e-mail from me.

14 hours ago, Munkin said:

Never saw the advantage of these over the round bend. I will check and see if I have any left.

Allen

Allen, the sproat bend makes the hook a little stronger and harder to bend out than a round bend of the same diameter.  It also makes for a better landing percentage as that bend holds the fish a little better than a round bend. The round bend does better at hooking fish because they tend to have a wider gap that also allows for bulkier trailers than a sproat bend.