eastman03

Large Paddle tail?

Do any of you guys know where I can buy a very large paddle tail ( just the tail)?  I know I could make one, and I hope to dabble in soft plastics someday, I'm just into the wooden baits at the moment.  I want to make a wooden body with a large soft plastic paddle tail musky lure, like a 10" body and a 6-8" paddletail.  Does something like that exist or should I just dive into making my own?

Thanks

Depending on production needs does not have to get too expensive.  A plaster of paris,  or Durham's rock puddy mold very cheap and easy to make especially if nothing complicated.  Devcon or similar product to seal mold and you will get a good slick finish.

Colors might be simple also depending how how "technical" you are wanting these paddle tails.

Sorry to revive my old post, but it's winter now and i'd like to actually make the paddle tail.  This question may have been asked a bunch, but I'm having trouble finding any mold making or soft bait kits in Canada.  I think I could find and order all the parts separately, but with shipping it gets quite expensive.  Any other bait makers out there in Canada ordering soft plastics? or mold making stuff?

On 7/31/2018 at 3:17 PM, eastman03 said:

Do any of you guys know where I can buy a very large paddle tail ( just the tail)?  I know I could make one, and I hope to dabble in soft plastics someday, I'm just into the wooden baits at the moment.  I want to make a wooden body with a large soft plastic paddle tail musky lure, like a 10" body and a 6-8" paddletail.  Does something like that exist or should I just dive into making my own?

Thanks

You know River2Sea once made a lure like that.  It has been out of production for some time but I have a couple in storage somewhere.  

It is a hot lure for me so your efforts can be very rewarding.  

• Like 1