Fishoey

Plastic Memory

Hello All - 

I have a question about memory as it pertains to  folding soft plastics.  I have a worm with a thicker tail (not ribbon).  If it is bagged incorrectly or folded back on itself it will leave a permanent  fold "dent" in the tail.  I was wondering if it happens less the softer/harder material.  I believe...soft is easier to fold, however has less memory.  The reverse is true the harder you go.   I was interested if anyone has thoughts on this (experience with the issue).  

Thanks in advance! 

- Matthew

I don’t know about “memory” but I can say this the baits need to cure before you bag them1-2 weeks. I’ve got some swim baits that I made last year nows the time to use them so I pulled them off my shelf and they are straight. I am usually 3 months ahead on what I use so they get the full cure.But it also depends on what brand of plastic used as to how long they need to cure 

3 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

I usually hang mine but to each his own.that works too but you will need to lay them flat to cure. You would  be amazed if you cut a thick bait  that’s  been curing for 5 days you will find the inside of the bait is still tacky

If I am correct in my thinking then his bait is produced on a large scale machine which makes use of water chilled molds, the function is strictly to keep heat down to reduce the cycle times on the mold. The baits will be hung on large racks for a day or 2 before being picked. 

If i am wrong, sorry

To answer the OP question, the memory is roughly the same, you will need to develop a method to package the worms so the tails go into the package straight