joelhains

Rolling tube tail cutter?

I hoping some of you might be willing to share some pics if you've made a tube tail cutter out of the circular fabric cutting blades. I have some ideas to make one but id like to see what others have already done. I've already built a tail cutter with an arbor press and razor blades and it does a goid job. But I'm limited to tails that are no more than 1.5 inches and I want to make longer tails. Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, joelhains said:

I hoping some of you might be willing to share some pics if you've made a tube tail cutter out of the circular fabric cutting blades. I have some ideas to make one but id like to see what others have already done. I've already built a tail cutter with an arbor press and razor blades and it does a goid job. But I'm limited to tails that are no more than 1.5 inches and I want to make longer tails. Thanks in advance.

find a cheap paint roller the small type you may need to tap threads on the end but all you need to do is determine how spaced apart the blades are and put the correct washers between and you have a safe but effective tail cutter here is one that I used before I made the paint roller version:

th_DSCF0308.jpg

Edited by gone2long
  • Like 1

Gone2long, how do you find the blades roll with the paint roller style cutter you made? In my head I have to tighten down a nut to hold them in place which may stop them from rolling while trying to cut tails.  I like the look of the two handed cutter you and dink master posted. Sort of like a rolling pin. But do you think the paint roller works better?

If I can find it I will post a pic but flex is a non issue and the leverage is benificial both in control and keeping your digits :lol: still at a count of ten :yay: I found that although the pic I provided of that unit worked your hands are very close to some serious sharp blades, that unit is Bojon's design and I sure do miss his input on all things tubes but he's well remembered for his contributions to this site I hope you can do a forum search on his tube process. also a shout out to Al Winco for the his expert tutelage :yay:

• Like 1