DIYLureJunky

Polyurethane for head cement?

Use Loctite super glue brush on, that works well and isn't expensive.  Water based poly takes about 2 to 3 hours which means it needs to be on a drying wheel.  I know it is only a small amount to apply to some thread but even a little bit will take a long time to dry, just use super glue and you'll be fine.  BTW, I don't know if you ever used water based poly but it smells about as strong as nail polish when you first open it,  the difference is the smell goes away pretty fast but it does have an odor to it. 

1 hour ago, DIYLureJunky said:

Any one knows if you can use water based polyurethane wood finish for head cement?  I want to find something not so strong in odor.  I've been using nail polish, but the odor is just too strong.  I know Loon makes a water based head cement, but I'm looking for something cheaper.

Some of the poly intended for wood is not "waterproof" and will turn white when submerged for a period of time.  Also some super glue gasses off and condenses into a white looking powder that shows most on dark thread. Some super glues gas off less than others.  A bottle of Loon will last a long time.  What ever it cost is better than tying a bunch of flies that you find out much later they are messed up.