KelpKritter

Soft plastic paint

I spend most of my time making hard baits and multi-color soft plastic pours. I am in the process of making two new soft plastic swimbaits that I want to paint after the pours. The only soft plastic paints I can find are the ones from Spike-it. Impressions on that paint, if you use it, or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DaveB.

1 hour ago, wallyc14 said:

Speaking of colors. If you have colorant for soft plastic worm making you can use the clear paint  and colorant and make your own colors on the fly. I do this ALOT.

Do you use a base color for your plastic baits, and then paint them, or pour them clear?

This is a pre-made bai that  started out as white .  The pictures don’t do it any justice but it has a copper pearl to it but it was done with plastic coloant and  clear for lureworks

Edited by wallyc14
  • Like 1

Yes there are other ways,probably cant count them there are so many,we did it with the paint and had unlimited color and pattern choices,our lures won many awards here on the site and made there way into many fishing mags and publications so we know the paint works

Edited by Bogbaits
left some info out

From your previous reply. That you edited, I assume you already know. Lol

Bogbaits said:

"Your not telling me anything g I don't know,I will state again after painted our baits for over 10 years with the paint you can't get the colors and patterns that we did any other way period,not sure why you felt you had to comment"

Edited by Baitjunkys

I am and always was aware that others were doing baits other ways,just never knew what all the other ways were,we only did the paint and it worked for us,please share with everyone on here all the knowledge you have on painting and coloring baits,I for one would love to know