gliders

Big prop baits

Hi all, looking for any helpful info on prop type surface lures. I build lots of spook type surface lures ,but prop type lures are not used regularly over this way. I'm intending to build some large pike size - 6-8 inch double prop lures. I'm using the propeller shape props and plan on 1 at each end. I will either make them spook shaped ,or possibly shad type shape. These will probably be red cedar. I intend to ballast them for stability , casting distance and more importantly - attitude on surface at rest .  I would imagine any type of walk the dog type action would be highly unlikely ? That being the case, what is the preferred attitude of this type of lure when resting on surface ? I'm thinking fairly low on surface ,slightly tail down . Appreciate any input if anyone builds and /or fishes this type of bait. Thanks..glider..

Tail slightly down is best. This also puts the weight toward the tail and improves the casting distance and the attitude of the lure when it strikes the water. You dont want a lure flipping in the air.  Also the bait radius should not match or exceed the radius of the blades.  It takes a bit of experimentation but I love the strike on a great blade bait.