Kreate

Color changing paint. Color Shifting paint, powder pearls. Paint

On 8/11/2018 at 10:35 AM, MonteSS said:

Not sure why you would need to add the floor wax.

I always thinned Createx with tap water only and never had a prob.

I tried the Createx reducer (which smells like Windex) and found no difference in spraying or cleanup.

Wow!!! Thank you didn't know this. This is going to save me time and money.

On 8/11/2018 at 7:56 PM, 21xdc said:

I just bought all the colors offered for $1.49 per bottle at Jo Ann Fabrics. I thinned with Future Floor Finish and it spray as well if not better than createx through my brush's .  Future is not a wax... It is an acrylic flow enhancer and water soluble. 

1534030400_zps1u6ctqzo.jpg

future2_01.jpg

I gotta try this.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, Mayberry_Baits said:

I also use the floor care and a little water ...works pretty well as long as you stay away from the "extreme glitter" and colors like that, the glitter is just too large...i work in the automotive field and have started using some PPG water based wax and grease remover as a spray through cleaner...it can be diluted way way down and I havnt had any problems with the floor care drying and sticking up the brush. 

I really gotta try these techniques. Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Hughesy said:

I just don't think the folk art color shift is a strong color shift like Spaz Stix paints and other color shift paints. Auto air makes a strong color shift, I think it's their 4400 series. The folk art won't do this.

color shift.JPG

Wow!!! This is some quality!

Color shifting is a very attractive quality in a bait. I feel it touches more "trigger points". It occurs naturally in baitfish. The more 3-D the finish on your bait, the more effective the color shift will be. Certain foils can also be applied to accomplish a color shift. 

I think I am with Hughsey on this one. If you want color shifting qualities - go all out. The per bait cost is a few cents .

• Like 2

I want to go on record that I have had major problems with the windex - future - water combinations. I mixed up some homemade reducer involving glycerin, distilled water, and amonia free windex. At the same time I bought some brand name reducer (createx). It worked so flawlessly that I never used the home-made concoction. I am still using my first 8 oz bottle of 4012. And I wouldn't dream of using the home-made mix. I estimate the cost per bait at less than 2 cents. 

• Like 2

The future and pledge and other floor care products are a hard acrylic. I am a former floor care professional. I owned my own floor care business. Think about the qualities you need in a floor care product. Here in New England we have harsh winters and a lot of salt / sand applied in parking lots. That is what floor finishes are designed to withstand. Imagine what it takes to remove that product from your airbrush. Not all acrylics are the same. I choose not to put that stuff into a close tolerance airbrush. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dpfishing said:

I just used Spaztix chrome, color shift and then normal painting over top. Sealed with one coat of KBS on a popper. Took it out this morning, beside crushing them, I already had paint chips. How many coats of KBS do you all use?

Well I'm pretty sure that color shift is only painted over a smooth black base coat and no normal paint should be applied over it or you will lose some or all of the shift. With KBS, I always use 2 to 3 coats. The directions say for marine application 3 coats are required.

• Like 1