Kreate

Color changing paint. Color Shifting paint, powder pearls. Paint

12 hours ago, 21xdc said:

Marine applications are sprayed with thin coats needing more of them. Dipping or brushing one coat is probably equivalent to more than spray coats. 

Perfect. Thank you! That’s for the instructions also. I never did read them on the can. Just ripped the lid off and then can went into the trash. Haha

12 hours ago, Hughesy said:

Well I'm pretty sure that color shift is only painted over a smooth black base coat and no normal paint should be applied over it or you will lose some or all of the shift. With KBS, I always use 2 to 3 coats. The directions say for marine application 3 coats are required.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I did read some where about a black base coat. I did get a great affect though. 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:36 PM, Chuck Young said:

Color shifting is a very attractive quality in a bait. I feel it touches more "trigger points". It occurs naturally in baitfish. The more 3-D the finish on your bait, the more effective the color shift will be. Certain foils can also be applied to accomplish a color shift. 

I think I am with Hughsey on this one. If you want color shifting qualities - go all out. The per bait cost is a few cents .

Totally agree with you. 

The first time I used Future floor shine to thin paint, I cleaned the front of the brush well but left some paint in the Teflon needle packing that prevents paint from migrating into the back of the brush.  A week later it took a good hard pull with pliers to get the needle unstuck.  If I remember, Future directions say that it requires a special cleaning agent containing acetic acid to remove it from a floor.  So it may be water soluble but when dry, that is apparently not the case.  It does act as a good flow enhancer and it can be a good clear barrier coating between paint and MCU topcoats if you have had paint wrinkling problems.  But like most things there ain’t no Free Lunch.  You also don’t want to thin a whole bottle of paint with it.  It can cause the pigment to precipitate into a hard plug that is impossible to remix.  That’s my experience with Future.  You may use it and love the stuff, never had a problem.  But I did.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BobP said:

The first time I used Future floor shine to thin paint, I cleaned the front of the brush well but left some paint in the Teflon needle packing that prevents paint from migrating into the back of the brush.  A week later it took a good hard pull with pliers to get the needle unstuck.  If I remember, Future directions say that it requires a special cleaning agent containing acetic acid to remove it from a floor.  So it may be water soluble but when dry, that is apparently not the case.  It does act as a good flow enhancer and it can be a good clear barrier coating between paint and MCU topcoats if you have had paint wrinkling problems.  But like most things there ain’t no Free Lunch.  You also don’t want to thin a whole bottle of paint with it.  It can cause the pigment to precipitate into a hard plug that is impossible to remix.  That’s my experience with Future.  You may use it and love the stuff, never had a problem.  But I did.

Great feedback!!!! Thank you.

• Like 1

I bought some of the Folk Art stuff because it was cheap and available. I have used it on a few applications. Color shifting may be an exaggeration. But it does fade at certain angles. I found it useful as a highlight color on fish like smelt or American Shad. It worked at pressures below 20 PSI when reduced. But I will probably be buying a higher quality paint in the near future .

• Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, Chuck Young said:

I bought some of the Folk Art stuff because it was cheap and available. I have used it on a few applications. Color shifting may be an exaggeration. But it does fade at certain angles. I found it useful as a highlight color on fish like smelt or American Shad. It worked at pressures below 20 PSI when reduced. But I will probably be buying a higher quality paint in the near future .

Thank you

If you search "Didspade" on amazon you can get a variety of 5g samples packs (they make approx. 9 oz.).  I had a couple bottles of Createx clear coat that I mixed them into and had real good results.  The attached picture is 3 or 4 light coats of "riddler" sprayed over black sealer.

FB_IMG_1543876827606.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mtranger said:

If you search "Didspade" on amazon you can get a variety of 5g samples packs (they make approx. 9 oz.).  I had a couple bottles of Createx clear coat that I mixed them into and had real good results.  The attached picture is 3 or 4 light coats of "riddler" sprayed over black sealer.

FB_IMG_1543876827606.jpg

Is this the new Predator RK 55 or from the old manufacturer? If new what are thoughts on quality?

16 hours ago, NM Hevi said:

Is this the new Predator RK 55 or from the old manufacturer? If new what are thoughts on quality?

Its the old one.  I just read a review of the new one on a Facebook group and it sounds like the new one is quite a bit better build quality.  I haven't ordered any yet though.

On 12/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, mtranger said:

FB_IMG_1543876827606.jpg

Thats looks incredible 

• Like 1

Lately, I have been painting D&D minis with my sons and while watching a painting demo the guy mentioned using plain water based matte varnish as a replacement for matte medium.

I too use pledge and pearl powder and one advantage is that since it goes on clear you get a better feel for the color depth without having to dry and finding out you went too far. 

In the comment of the mini painting tutorial one guy mentioned using un-tinted house paint base , though I don't know if it is transparent or if it will shoot in an air brush.