myers365

G Man Balling Out Jig

The mold Erick mentioned is what I would use as well. The thing you need to know is that mold is that there are 2 other molds in the same style but different weights. You can get the same jig in 1/8, 3/16, and 1/4oz as well as 5/16, 3/8, and 7/16oz. So depending on the size you need you can make something similar in all but the 3/4oz size. The hook is different as well and it depends on where you are going to use this jig, for example I love this jig as a finesse jig like the Eakins jig, I use the Eagle Claw 2798 black platinum for that application. I also make that jig as heavy cover finesse jig in a 3/8oz weight that I use the 3/0 Eagle Claw 2706 black platinum which is a heavy wire hook, I like the 3/0 because it makes the jig more compact and I get hung up a lot less than I do when using a larger hook.  The main difference in that mold is it uses the flat eye style hook rather than a regular eye like the ballin' out jig but it is just as versatile. The ballin' out jig will be a little better in brush and weeds as a flipping bait while the weedless round head we are talking about will be a little better in rock and being dragged on the bottom but the head style makes it very versatile so it can be used in just about every way the same way the ballin' out jig can.

• Like 1