Joelh831

Powder coat

Hey guys I'm new to powder paint and wanted to see what's the thinnest powder paint out thier and what other brands besides pro-Tec are out thier. I tried out pro-tec chrome and that was pretty thick. I've seen some powder coated jigs or atleast i think thier powder coat from warbaits and it's super thin almost like paint. Ont their website it say they use "stonepro" powder but after looking for it on line i couldn't find anything. 

Are some powders thinner than other or they all pretty much the same. I'm gets jig head mold made and would like to use a thin coat so I don't loose any of the fine details. 

Thanks 

Not quite sure what you mean by thinner.  All powder coat paints are, well, powder, and by their nature are the same "thickness".

If it is going on two thick, you are either not getting your item hot enough, leaving it in the powder too long, or ...... 

I think I am a bit confused on this one.

20 minutes ago, Anglinarcher said:

Not quite sure what you mean by thinner.  All powder coat paints are, well, powder, and by their nature are the same "thickness".

If it is going on two thick, you are either not getting your item hot enough, leaving it in the powder too long, or ...... 

I think I am a bit confused on this one.

Well I guess I was expecting a thinner coat but like you mentioned I do believe I left it in for too long and on some it was a bit lumpy and I also notice it got stringy when I accedently touched the side or bottom. Is thier a good method of dipping the lead heads I’m doing 2-3 ounce on a 2 inch fluid bed  

But have you heard of “stone pro” powder by any chance. Theirs a company called Warbaits and they make some killer lead heads. I’ve used thier lead heads and notice thier paint is very thin. 

Thansk