Joelh831

Fluid bed

Hey guys so I made a fluid bed and wanted to know what's the material called that's used to make the filters. Thiers a guy on eBay selling already made cups, that have a hard plastic filter they he claims it made for fluidization beds and it allows the air for go through. Has anyone heard or know of a material like this if so what is it or where can I find it. 

Thanks. 

Like smalljaw mentioned, TJ's tackle sells the cups, and I know they work. This guy on e-bay that you are considering. I would ask him if you can return it and get your money back if it doesn't work. I use Tyvek paper, that I get from the Postal envelopes. Works great for me. There are a lot of items you can use that doesn't cost anything but your time to make.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, smalljaw said:

The stuff you are talking about is called porous board.  I know TJ's Tackle sells his fluid bed cups made with it, you may want to see if he will sell you some.

That’s who I believe I seen that had them for sell. But I tried to look up porous board on line and couldn’t find it. Is thier another name for it or would you happen to have a link to the material. 

Thansk for your help 

6 hours ago, cadman said:

Like smalljaw mentioned, TJ's tackle sells the cups, and I know they work. This guy on e-bay that you are considering. I would ask him if you can return it and get your money back if it doesn't work. I use Tyvek paper, that I get from the Postal envelopes. Works great for me. There are a lot of items you can use that doesn't cost anything but your time to make.

I’ll stop by the post office tomorrow and pick up a couple of envolopes. By any chance would you know where to get the porous board beside t.j tackle. Or know if theirs a different name that it’s called, I couldn’t find it on line under porous board.  I wouldn’t mind ordering a sheet or two and just make my own. I enjoy doing the whole process. 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, m.t.pockets said:

Last time I purchased this it was $90.00 per sheet. Believe me you can get cut a lot  of disks from one sheet

http://atlasmin.com/products-2/industrial-compounds/industrial-compounds-porous-plastics/industrial-compounds-porous-plastics/

If you don’t mind me asking what thickness did you order I plan on makeing a few of them and seems like it’s a good investment to get a sheet of this stuff. 

Thansk 

22 hours ago, fishon-son said:

I use a minnow tank bubbler for air I can run 6 cups at a time ...I also put a valves in to control the air to each cup. I bet I could get 10 cups easy...….thanks Cadman for the plans that got me started

No problem, always here to help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1