DoubleT

Glue Issues

Im having issues gluing soft plastic tails on my baits. I have tried Pros Soft Bait Glue and a CA glue. I made the tails from M-F saltwater formula plastisol. Ive washed the tails in warm soapy water and cleaned the surface (etex) of the lure. It will not stick. Fingers stuck together great. Anyone had this issue before. Any info is greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, mark poulson said:

I would contact M-F and ask them.   There may be something in their saltwater formula that won't bond to glue.  Or maybe you added something, like a scent or worm oil, that's interfering with the bond.

I think mark is correct,I used a lot of plastic from different manufacturers and never had a problem like you are describing,Ive glued a lot of baits when making customs for molds using the Pro Soft Bait Glue,it doesnt stick to your fingers either,make sure you are applying pressure to both halves of the bait pieces,if you are doing this than its something in the plastic

11 hours ago, Frank said:

Are you glueing soft plastic to soft plastic or is it a hard bait with a soft tail? 

Im gluing soft plastic tails to a epoxy coated glide bait. A kalins tail glued to it perfectly

13 hours ago, bryanmc said:

Is the Pro Soft Bait Glue the same formula as Mend It?  I've never used it but I've never found any plastic that Mend It wouldn't glue.  Disclaimer:  I don't think I've ever tried it on salt water plastic.

Im not sure. I have never used mend it. 

Ya never had good luck with doing that. They are two different products. Can’t say why the Kalins works, they much have a different formula for plastic. One way I did it before was to put a screw lock in the hard bait then glue and twist it on. This was when I was pouring my own tails and using Mf plastic.  Many years ago now. 

• Like 1