Lucid_Vax

I need help with everything.

I’ve been researching a lot about making my own baits and molds but I want help with everything from buying supplies to making molds to pouring baits. I know it’s asking for a lot but I can’t afford to waste money. If you want to talk more in depth email me:

lucid.vax@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance:D

Edited by Lucid_Vax

Check out makelure.com and check out their videos.  It is the best place (for videos) I know of for the basics of plastic or resin lure making in one place.

Making lures is never cheep to get started and there is a learning process.  But, once you get the basics mastered, it can keep the price down and the satisfaction level up.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1 on Soft Plastic Bait Makers. Great group, but there is a lot of intel right here on TU as well.  Sometimes the old members get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but most are pretty helpful. Just take a little time to search (has the search engine been fixed to index the old stuff yet) to see if you can figure it out first.  Then ask more directed and specific questions.  You will get much better answers. 

I suggest starting with one thing you really want to do or perhaps need to do first.  Focus on that.  When you get a passable result, then ask your self what you need to do next.  I want to make baits is perhaps a little overbroad o start with.  I need to make a mold so I can make swimbaits is a little more focused and will be slightly less overwhelming.   There is still a lot in that, but you can start to pick a path to success with that.  Then as you learn it you will be able to branch out into so many other things you can just do if you want to that the choices will be overwhelming again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Silicone rubber.  A great place to start. There are commercial formulations available from various companies, and some guys right here have used silicone (100% silicone) caulk from the hardware store or big box retailer to make molds.   I can't speak to the silicone caulk, but I am very partial to Smooth-On for commercial formulas.  I use certain of their products for food molds fairly regularly.  They also work great for bait molds.  Other guys here prefer Alumilite.  I have not used any of their products, but they have a good reputation as well.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

+1 on Soft Plastic Bait Makers. Great group, but there is a lot of intel right here on TU as well.  Sometimes the old members get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but most are pretty helpful. Just take a little time to search (has the search engine been fixed to index the old stuff yet) to see if you can figure it out first.  Then ask more directed and specific questions.  You will get much better answers. 

I suggest starting with one thing you really want to do or perhaps need to do first.  Focus on that.  When you get a passable result, then ask your self what you need to do next.  I want to make baits is perhaps a little overbroad o start with.  I need to make a mold so I can make swimbaits is a little more focused and will be slightly less overwhelming.   There is still a lot in that, but you can start to pick a path to success with that.  Then as you learn it you will be able to branch out into so many other things you can just do if you want to that the choices will be overwhelming again.  

Join the Facebook group, lotsa good info