Joelh831

Powder coat powder brands.

Hey guys and galls, I have a question about powder coat brands. Has anyone heard of or know where I can find a brand that’s called pro stone powder paint. I know warbaits uses that powder, but after looking online can’t seem to find it or anyone who distributes it. Here is a screen shot of thier website that states what powder they use. I hi lighted the powder they use and also thier weed guards I’ve tried looking for that brand but again no info was online. If someone can help me out please on identifing a company who sells this products. 

Thank you. 

Joel,

I guess my first question, is why does it have to be that brand. I have used over 30 different brands of powder paint, and they all work well and do their job. Some powder paints are easier to use and apply while others I wold never use (ie Harbour Freight). If it is a color you're looking for, get the RAL number, and find a good company like Dupont, Sherwin Williams, give them the RAL number and get a quality powder like TGIC.

Now as far as weedguards, I only know of two companies that sell anddistribute weedguards. fishingskirts.com which has the fused end which comes in med and heavy and Kayser Lure out of Ursa, IL. Kayser Lure has the fuzzy ende weedguards, which come in light, medium and heavy.

Edited by cadman
  • Like 1

Joel,

I called up a couple of my powder paint suppliers, and they say there is no info on this powder. What they think it is, is someone came up with a name of a powder paint to use for their product and pt TM after it, so you can not use the word pro stone. Most likely the powder paint is a custom blend, that was made for them so they can have exclusivity to the name. She said it is probably no better than any other high quality exterior based powder paint.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cadman said:

Joel,

I called up a couple of my powder paint suppliers, and they say there is no info on this powder. What they think it is, is someone came up with a name of a powder paint to use for their product and pt TM after it, so you can not use the word pro stone. Most likely the powder paint is a custom blend, that was made for them so they can have exclusivity to the name. She said it is probably no better than any other high quality exterior based powder paint.

That actually makes sense since it's no where to be found. I'll see if I can download some pictures of the gold they used I actually tried to chip some paint off of it and it's very very thin I'm kinda dought they used powder well atleast for that color. 

Thank you