Michael Apostoliuk

Recommendations for Wire Looping Pliers

knipex has several sizes of round nose pliers which handle  small jewellery taper upwards to .050.  Check out there web site.  Good german made steel.. strong box joint which keeps the pliers straight under pressure of bending wire. Note each model will allow a minimun round diameter bend . Match that to the tackle you are wanting to make. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canuck said:

knipex has several sizes of round nose pliers which handle  small jewellery taper upwards to .050.  Check out there web site.  Good german made steel.. strong box joint which keeps the pliers straight under pressure of bending wire. Note each model will allow a minimun round diameter bend . Match that to the tackle you are wanting to make. Hope this helps.

I have a pair of 7" knipex pliers, and they bend up to .051 wire fine.  I struggle with bend .062 wire with them.

• Like 1

I have been building saltwater lures for almost 20 years now. In that time Ive assembled easily more than 250,000 lures as a conservative number. In that time of bending nothing but .0625 bright stainless with a pair of 2202140 Knipex pliers I've never had a problem save for my first pair that just literally folded in my hands one day. I'm still on the second pair more than 10 years later and still don't have problems bending stainless wire with them. 

Maybe I got bigger popeye muscles than Mark LOLOL

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, Salty's said:

I have been building saltwater lures for almost 20 years now. In that time Ive assembled easily more than 250,000 lures as a conservative number. In that time of bending nothing but .0625 bright stainless with a pair of 2202140 Knipex pliers I've never had a problem save for my first pair that just literally folded in my hands one day. I'm still on the second pair more than 10 years later and still don't have problems bending stainless wire with them. 

Maybe I got bigger popeye muscles than Mark LOLOL

You Dah Man!  Hahaha

• Like 1