BD1

Arkie mold

If you are referring to the ARK-3-AFC  Do-It mold, then I like a Mustad #32798, 3/0 round bend hook in the 1/4 oz cavity. I don't know what you mean by the weedguard questions, but I rarely use weedguards with my jigs. If I do I will use 5-7 light strand guards. I find full, medium or heavy weedguards hamper hooksets. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

I use clear weed eater string, and it works.

I even drill a hole and use it to make my spinnerbait to swimjig heads weedless, so I can throw them up into the tules and grass.

I make these when a spinnerbait has been used so often, and caught so many fish, that I think the wire is tired and weak at the R bend.  I clip the wire at the R bend, make a loop near the head, and then put the loop into a vise and use a pair of vise grips to twist the tag end back around the shaft toward the head.   Even one+ twists is enough to make a solid bait, but I usually try for at least two. 

Guys, remember, this is someone who isn't experienced and is asking a question about the hooks and weed guards used. The hooks used for that mold are the Mustad 32798, the Eagle Claw 2798BP, Owner 5326 (4/0 only),  VMC 7218 (3/0 and 4/0),  Trokar TK825,  Gamakatsu 614, and possibly the Mustad 38109.  The weed guard used is the FG-30 which is 1/8" in diameter.

• Like 1