MJ54

Crankbait Fins

New guy here looking for some help.  I have been stuck on a few things, but this one has me puzzled a bit.

How do you get the sweet looking fins on the sides of the crankbait?  I am making muskie lures, so baits are 8" to 14" long.  My first thought is that they were something that you could buy and place on the lure, but I am not finding that anywhere.   Now I am guessing that it is done with paint.  Is there an outline of fins that I can buy and use for this?  Do I need to create something?  Any help would be appreciated.

For fins you can cut your own stencils from a piece of flat clear plastic.This stencil will be good for all lures of the same length.   I usually punch a hole where the eye is. This helps with aligning fins the same on each side.

For small lures, I have been cutting a full size front fin (pectoral) with a smaller rear fin. I custom blend a transparent orange and spray at an angle from the front, so it fades away in the back. For larger lures like yours, you can do the outline of the stencil, then use an edge to add lines to the body of the fin. 

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/18419-f14-trout-par-seriesjpg/?context=new