MJ54

Air Brush

An Iwata Revolution B goes for just under $100, a moderate priced brush.  You can also check out brushes from Paasche or Badger who sell brush sets that come with 3 different size nozzles and tips.  Personally, I would avoid inexpensive Chinese ab’s.  Some work ok, some don’t, and it’s impossible to get parts for most of them when they break.  Most ab’s from the major companies are reliable workhorses.  Jmho, Iwatas have the best build quality and gravity feed brushes work better, are easier to clean, and make less mess.  

• Like 1

I started painting baits about 6 months ago and have been using Iwata Eclipse HP CS. These work great and have allowed me to make some nice baits. If you have a Hobby Lobby near by, you can get one for about $150 and use Hobby Lobby’s 40 percent off coupon and it’s less than $100. I did a lot of research before buying and saw some of cheaper ones (including the Iwata NEO) splatter and are difficult to clean. I think some people give up on bait painting because they can’t get good results with the brushes they are using, so I think a good brush is worth it. By the way Tackle Underground has been a great help to me as I’ve gotten started.

That is a great idea with Hobby Lobby.  I am also ordering one of the Royalmax from post above.  That will take about a month to get.  I was hoping to get started now so that I could try out the baits before ice up.

I am really impressed with this group.  I have tried to get some info in past on a couple other sites, but I have not had the best of luck getting responses.  The people here respond quickly with great info.  I am also noticing how creative the people are with painting lures.  True artist.