Cami

Hard Tail

5 posts in this topic

a.thumb.jpg.b3dd9b117507d840d14240c910e6aef0.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

As usual words are better than 1000 words.

I simply added to my Pin Tail Soft Bait a little tail shaped from a fiberglass foil. After the soft bait tail is passed through the hole of fiberglass tail, I melt the soft edge with a Chef Torch to fix the fiberglass tail in position.

It is not exactly an idea of mine, but it comes from Imakatsu that shows here his prototype: 

Soft bait swimming is exactly as showed ... it wags its tail :D

Ciao.

Cami

Edited by Cami
pictures moving
  • Like 1

502 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive Super Glue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

Applying cyanoacrylate to some natural materials such as cotton (jeans, cotton swabs, cotton balls, and certain yarns or fabrics), or leather or wool results in a powerful, rapid, exothermic reaction. This reaction also occurs with fiberglass and carbon fiber. The heat released may cause serious burns[29] or release irritating white smoke. Material Safety Data Sheets for cyanoacrylate instruct users not to wear cotton (jeans) or wool clothing, especially cotton gloves, when applying or handling cyanoacrylates

testet it and it works.

super bond on soft plastic and non-food plastic..

Intersting: so, if I use some drops of cyanoacrilate glue, then it reacts with fiberglass sheet and bonds itself to soft plastic, without using the torch and ruining the edge of tail ... I will give it a try.

Thank you.

Bye

Cami

• Like 1