Cami

Hard Tail

a.thumb.jpg.b3dd9b117507d840d14240c910e6aef0.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

As usual words are better than 1000 words.

I simply added to my Pin Tail Soft Bait a little tail shaped from a fiberglass foil. After the soft bait tail is passed through the hole of fiberglass tail, I melt the soft edge with a Chef Torch to fix the fiberglass tail in position.

It is not exactly an idea of mine, but it comes from Imakatsu that shows here his prototype: 

Soft bait swimming is exactly as showed ... it wags its tail :D

Ciao.

Cami

Edited by Cami
pictures moving
  • Like 2

Dear OIR, if I will try with cyanoacrylate glue to fix the fiberglass tail to pin softbait, then I will take close to me a fire extinguisher :D.

Please, when you say "iCraft Deco Foil on plastic and a Laminator", do you mean that you transfered this foil on hard plastic blanks, as crankbait for instance, or did you apply Hot Stamping Foil to the surface of soft baits, using a hot silicone sheet for instance?

I usually transfer, over hard plastic blanks, Nail Art Foils spreading and warming by hair dryer the vynil glue over the foils themselves. I tried also the hot system showed in the video, but perhaps vynil glue works better.

I have already enclosed same Nail Art Foils just under the skin of softbaits, placing them inside the internal side of mold. Unforunately it is not possible to remove the transparent plastic support, but to create details as lateral fins or stripes, they are good inserts.

Bye.

Cami

The sharp edge of the thin plate makes all the difference, creating a strong, defined vortex at a lower speed.

This has given me an idea for a bait myself. At the pond that I competition fish, I am only allowed to use tapioca jelly. I reckon I can cut a slab into strips and cut some tail plates from plastic water bottles.

The jelly is fairly delicate so the baits won't last long. I could even save the tails with some fine mono tied to the hook (just thinking as I type). It will cost nothing in money or effort to give it a go, and technically I will be within the rules :)

Dave