BP-911

BTS Molds

i wanted a couple of BTS molds after starting this hobby in June. in July, i sent an inquiry through the "contact us" on their website, and he got back to me within the hour, stating that if i ordered the molds that he would get them out to me asap. so i went through with the order and about 4 days later got the shipping confirmation and the molds are great, i will definately do more business with BTS!

• Like 1

I finally received my orders from BTS! After posting in this thread I was contacted by someone working for BTS and they not only took care of my two old orders they also included at no cost a tail mold I once asked Bob about that wasn’t previously available. I have to say I really appreciate them going above and beyond to make up for the aggravation I went through. Might be a good time to get in touch with them if you still have an outstanding order.

• Like 3

I found that, when I had my own residential const. company, success was it's own curse, because I couldn't do everyone's job at once without losing the quality control that made me successful, so I had to pick and choose who I worked for, and also had to learn to say no gracefully.  And growing larger was a huge change, which I didn't want to make, because it would change the nature of my owner-controlled business.  For me, there was no intermediate step.  It was either stay small, or go much bigger.

I'm guessing it's the same with mold makers.  The thing that makes them successful also cranks up demand.

It seems to me they can either have longer lead times, and work 6 days a week, or they have to invest in more equipment and hire more employees, which creates a big overhead that has to be met each month.

And overhead is a monster that has to be fed, whether or not you have the orders to support it, so it is the biggest threat to any business.  

That's why I think a lot of small mold makers stay small, so they don't have that big overhead "ax" hanging over their heads each month.

Edited by mark poulson

4 hours ago, mark poulson said:

I found that, when I had my own residential const. company, success was it's own curse, because I couldn't do everyone's job at once without losing the quality control that made me successful, so I had to pick and choose who I worked for, and also had to learn to say no gracefully.  And growing larger was a huge change, which I didn't want to make, because it would change the nature of my owner-controlled business.  For me, there was no intermediate step.  It was either stay small, or go much bigger.

I'm guessing it's the same with mold makers.  The thing that makes them successful also cranks up demand.

It seems to me they can either have longer lead times, and work 6 days a week, or they have to invest in more equipment and hire more employees, which creates a big overhead that has to be met each month.

And overhead is a monster that has to be fed, whether or not you have the orders to support it, so it is the biggest threat to any business.  

That's why I think a lot of small mold makers stay small, so they don't have that big overhead "ax" hanging over their heads each month.

Exactly, Its easy to have a bunch of equipment and pay employees when your busy, But when your slow you either eat it or cut back, When you cut back people dont stick around. Then you find yourself with no help and a lot of work you can not get done.

• Like 2