Les Young

Twin injector?

First I bought the three ounce twin injector and it was fine.....for awhile. As I progressed in the hobby and bought more and more molds and increased the cavity count on others the small twin just wasn’t big enough. Now I have the six ounce which is twelve ounces of plastic. The six ounce is a better size, IMO. Keep in mind you don’t have to fill it up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Apdriver said:

First I bought the three ounce twin injector and it was fine.....for awhile. As I progressed in the hobby and bought more and more molds and increased the cavity count on others the small twin just wasn’t big enough. Now I have the six ounce which is twelve ounces of plastic. The six ounce is a better size, IMO. Keep in mind you don’t have to fill it up.

I only have a single injector so far, Basstackle's 3 oz one and it already isn't big enough and I only have two molds. Well, technically I have four but one is basically a paperweight to me and the last one is a claw mold for a crawdad I'll be getting later. 

Angling AI's stickbait mold (does core shots) has 5 cavities and when I shoot the mold w/o the rods in place I barely have enough plastisol to fill the mold and I immediately have to top off the sprue with the measuring cup.

i only had a 4oz single injector, and it was ok, but went with the 6oz twinjector, and im glad i did. i started with a couple molds, im up to 11 now (i think) and having the bigger injectors is nice, and i use the single 6oz when im only doing 1 color shoots, as the basstackle injectors are a decent bit better than the original injector i bought (the threaded nozzle one from lurecraft)

4 minutes ago, Canga~ said:

i only had a 4oz single injector, and it was ok, but went with the 6oz twinjector, and im glad i did. i started with a couple molds, im up to 11 now (i think) and having the bigger injectors is nice, and i use the single 6oz when im only doing 1 color shoots, as the basstackle injectors are a decent bit better than the original injector i bought (the threaded nozzle one from lurecraft)

I really like the Basstackle injectors. Every part that can turn has a knurled surface to make it easier to turn them with gloves on. And they have the bayonet pin on the nozzle to ensure it stays in place.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'll buy bigger injectors a little later since i bought a  3 ouncer if i need it. I have a single  6 ouncer already &  have over 20 molds, but most of them i won't make two color baits with anyway. It will be for making a couple colors for myself that i kept to myself & won a lot of money on one specific lake with & then of course they quit making them & i ran out after buying every pack i found of them.   I may try using it on my angling ai tube mold too

Edited by Les Young

So if I understand right you bought the 3oz Twinjector, now just buy another 6oz one and you can swap them out when you need more volume. I think it is easier to learn with the 3oz Twinjector and then move up. It does take a little getting use to. And funny you say won’t make two color baits anyways, but that’s what you say now. 95% of what I shoot in two colors. I am so use to it when I shoot a Single Color I still use the Twinjector. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Frank said:

So if I understand right you bought the 3oz Twinjector, now just buy another 6oz one and you can swap them out when you need more volume. I think it is easier to learn with the 3oz Twinjector and then move up. It does take a little getting use to. And funny you say won’t make two color baits anyways, but that’s what you say now. 95% of what I shoot in two colors. I am so use to it when I shoot a Single Color I still use the Twinjector. 

Frank, thanks & i will buy another 6 ouncer when i need it.  Like you said i probably will use it when shooting single colors too to up the output.