Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
5 fish on

suggestions on a good lure/rod drying motor

7 posts in this topic

I have a cheap rod drying motor that works fine for its intended purpose but now that I modified it to hold a couple lures to dry the plastic gears inside broke nearly ruining a couple baits . Where can I find a motor that will take the added weight of baits, holders , and a wheel to hold them . I still will be using it to dry rod too .

Check out a rotisserie motor.

I built a lure dryer for a friend yesterday.

using one and it works great.

It is easily removed and the rpm is 5.5.

Coley

fishon,

I recently purchased a rotisserie motor at Lowes. They carry a universal fit by char-broil for $20.00. It will hold a lot of lures

You can get off cheap if you can grab a motor from a gas grill someone is tossing out. Another cheap or freebie is a motor from a broken microwave oven. There are other sources for a variety of motor such as www.surpluscenter.com or

http://www.aaaim.com/cgi-local/shop991/shop.pl/SID=PUT_SID_HERE/page=start_shopping.htm

either of these sources will have many for you to choose from.

maze

it spins a little fast, but the motor from an ice cream maker is tough as the dickens and you can spin a lot of baits with one. if you use a dimmer switch for the on/off switch, you can slow it down to suit yourself.