muskiestalker51

Bagley monster shad

So this is the bait I'm going to try to make. I have 1 lure that split in have. It appears to be made out of cedar with a wire through construction. With a belly weight. I'm going to connect the lip first before wire through. The front is 1/2 tampering do to the tail 1/8 wide. I found door jam shims putt together will get me close to the shape. Has anyone tried this lure. 

518-187-5.jpg

Looks similar to a rapala shad rap. If you wanted to skip the through wire in the bill, you could secure the bill in at the base with a pin or screw. I have never had lips pull out on me like this, and it allows me to use a self tuning lip. I could see where strength might be compromised regarding musky however. Either way, lip before through wire might be difficult to achieve. Might try gluing both in at the same time to allow for perfect placement. 

That's exactly what we fish for down here also. I pretty much got the shape down besides the head shape so it's flat sided. I have a monster shad that split in half its made out of cedar. I went against the through wire though. The line tie wire goes about a 1/3 of the way into the blank where I bored a hole for the lead I poured the weight on to the end of the wire and I second the lip.  I moved the weight just front of the belly hanger. How's that sound to you guys. I haven't sealed it yet to tank test though