CTBfishing

Epoxy Vapor Problem

I recently bought some Devcon 3o minute epoxy. I would like to use it as a top coat for a lure but upon reading the warnings, it said do not breathe in vapors.  Since I live in New Hampshire, I can not leave it to cure in my garage because it is colder than the recommended curing temperature.  I also can not ventilate my work area because if I open a window it will let the cold 20 degree temps in.  Any recommendations on how I can cure this bait while avoiding vapors?

I dont kinow of any probs from the fumes. Devcon 30 min is not bad at all. The faster five minute stinks tho

UNLESS you are allergic to it. Then it can be dangerous. (pretty rare tho)

It MUST be warmed before use.  Also thin it with a few drops of 100% acetone.

Use a cheap digital scale so ratio is right and mix WELL.

Never a problem when I used any epoxy in my house.  Especially Devcon 2 Ton 30 min.  I don't agree with weight mixing ratios.  Ratios should be mixed 50/50  by volume.  That is why they come in 2 equal parts by volume and offered in syringe style packages.  A and B can weigh differently and cause a bad ratio. 

Edited by 21xdc

I’d be surprised if you could smell any “fumes” from D2T while using it, indoors or out. We use it in batches of a few cc’s at a time.  Since D2T is a glue epoxy and contains no solvent, the fumes created are mostly from any solvent you might add yourself (I add a few drops of denatured alcohol).  I use it inside regularly.  A few people can be allergic to any particular chemical and I think that’s the reason for the manufacturer’s standard warning but as far as I know, the only significant problem is that a few people can develop contact dermatitis from physical contact.

• Like 1