Benton86

Berkley powerbait worms

What's up guys? I'm looking for a injection mold that is as close to the Berkley powerbait worms like the graphic I attached. I made a POP mold a few years ago but prefer injection molds. So if anyone has any experience with any molds that get me as close to one of these worms and don't mind sharing with me I appreciate it. Thanks

s-l640.jpg

54 minutes ago, Elf said:

How long do those PoP molds last?

I made countless PoP molds that lasted several years, provided they were coated from time to time.  I used Minwax Polyurethane, but some guys have different preferences.  Once the baits started getting a little sticky,  I knew it was time to coat them.  Usually let them sit for 48 hours and they were good to go. 

Oh yeah.......and don't drop them.  I've done that too.......more than I care to say.  :D

26 minutes ago, alsworms said:

I made countless PoP molds that lasted several years, provided they were coated from time to time.  I used Minwax Polyurethane, but some guys have different preferences.  Once the baits started getting a little sticky,  I knew it was time to coat them.  Usually let them sit for 48 hours and they were good to go. 

Oh yeah.......and don't drop them.  I've done that too.......more than I care to say.  :D

I "almost" dropped an aluminum mold on the garage floor....

I think my PaceMaker went into overdrive mode when that happened. :lol:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, alsworms said:

That's funny.   For some reason, I always think of aluminum molds as "unbreakable." I guess if they're dropped on a garage floor, lights out!  :lol:

I suspect an aluminum mold might bend if dropped and I have no desire to find out if it's true or not by personal experience.  :)

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2018 at 8:27 PM, Benton86 said:

What's up guys? I'm looking for a injection mold that is as close to the Berkley powerbait worms like the graphic I attached. I made a POP mold a few years ago but prefer injection molds. So if anyone has any experience with any molds that get me as close to one of these worms and don't mind sharing with me I appreciate it. Thanks

s-l640.jpg

Just in case you haven't found a mold yet, TW has the 8.5" on clearance sale right now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Berkley_Powerbait_85_Power_Worms_9pk/descpage-BPBE.html