Mad Moose Baits

"Stone" or "Stone powder" molds

I have heard it describe as an artificial stone used to make countertops. They are a bit tedious to use because you need to lube them or the plastic sticks to them. They are descent molds, I have a few. They seem to dent easier as well as prone to flashing.  the material is relatively soft as I have shaved off some of the ribs that were preventing complete pours. If you are looking for that style of bait then I would highly suggest looking into the do-it essential ripper. My 3.5 inch (3 cavity mold) is a walleye slayer. I gave some to some friends and they have reported 4+ pound smallmouth with it. The only downside to the do-it is that its not oriented for duel injector laminates. Also, do-it now has a 3" version (5 cavity) now.

The other concern with the ones in your link is that those are shipped from the Ukraine where there is a lot of political and military unrest right now. Shipping usually takes about 30 days from them. I currently have an order with them from about a week ago. I am hoping they come through. I have ordered from him twice before and he is reliable. I am just worried about them being caught in red tape because of their political climate.   His aluminum molds are pretty good although I have had some problems with his alignment pins loosening up on both the artificial stone and aluminum molds. one other note- UPS wont deliver them without a signature on the customs forms.

Good luck-

• Like 1

I have  over 20 cnc aluminium molds & have 4 of the  artificial stone molds  from bugmolds for things i couldn't find elsewhere. Clamp them in all 4 corners & you shouldn't get any flashing. I have never used oil either & my baits haven't stuck letting them cool for 3 minutes before removing them.  Other than having a  duller finish than cnc aluminium molds I have absolutely no problem with them.

• Like 1