chachybaby

Stirrer for Presto pot-Gourmia Gst210 Stiriffic

Hi guys

Looking for a cheap effective stirrer for a home made presto pot setup making soft plastics.

Will this work? Any other recommendations? I'm getting no where reviewing the threads or maybe haven't come across something I can do on my own.

saw it on ebay. Thanks in advance 

Gourmia Gst210 Stiriffic

s-l400.jpg

I spent hours researching and trying various battery options.  They will work... I used one but cant recall the name - gotta keep the amount of plastic reasonable as they don't have a ton of torque (or bolt onto the pot super securely) -  I never really tried to use the stirring pot to heat plastisol from scratch through the gel phase... I microwaved batches and transferred to insure I didn't overload the motor - notably as batteries get a little weaker.  You'll need to make a metal paddle of some sort regardless. 

In the end after screwing around and spending cash - I went and bought a used Dayton motor and some aluminum sheets off Ebay and just made a stirring unit similar to what are sold online.   

J.

Edited by SlowFISH
  • Like 2