Tally

Been a LONG Time

WOW....it has been years since i have visited this site.  I don't know if I am getting the bug again but I do miss all of the fantastic people I met on this site.  I snooped around a bit before posting this and a lot of the "old timers" are still lurking.  At one time there was a small group of us that could bounce ideas off of each other and the next thing you know, something magical happened.  Yes, we all had our "top secret" ideas that never got shared, but sometimes you just can't share the "special" things.  The endless hours of trial and error and the countless baits that were ruined.  Hopefully the site has not slowed and the younger generation has taken what was started and improved the wealth of knowledge that was here.  I will not even try to remember all of the "old timers" that were here but if you see this, please stop by and say hi.  A few of them have passed on and I was fortunate to have met them.  Coley and Swede to name 2.  If Skeeter is still here and post's, you all need to listen!!  I was privileged that he took me under his wing and let me bounce crankbait ideas off him.  Not just once in a while, but daily!!  I am sure at one point he wished I would have lost his number lol.  If Lapala (aka Lapicky) is still here and you want to learn how to carve....... he was the best I ran across.  Now for the paint master..... Blades and Baits taught me so much about painting and mixing my own paint.  Although he hated my ruthless always digging and finding some things he did not want me to find.....lol    At one point, I was pretty good at this (toot my own horn) but I am sure I have forgot a lot being away for so long.   I did notice that Devcon 2ton epoxy for clear coat is still a topic of interest.  Still trying to thin and find a better way to apply it..........  I will try to catch up on that topic but unless something changed, there is only one way to apply it.  Enough for now....... stop by and say hi

Tally

• Like 1

Hello Tally!!! 

Has definitely been a very long time.  Hope things have been going well for you.    The hours spent in that yahoo chat talking about baits was definitely very informative and of course plenty of BS.      Several of the "old timers" still floating around as you mentioned.  Not for sure how many of the old chat participants visit the site anymore.  

Few weeks ago was organizing the workshop and came across the last bit of prop that Swede had sent me.  Time really moves too fast at times.  

• Like 1

Hi Travis.....  really good to hear from you.  That group that was in our yahoo chat was a lot of fun!!  I was very fortunate to be a part of that.  There wasn't anyone that was afraid to try any idea even if it was a failure, but damn it was a great group of bait makers.  Nobody expected anything to be handed to them and all had a voice.  Was a very unusual group as nobody got their feelings hurt from someones opinion.  I miss that.    Too bad we all didn't live close, we would have created some baits that would have been hot!! 

I have been snooping through the post an you are right, not many of the old chat guys around.   The newbies to making baits have no idea what they are missing from the "old" group not hanging out here.   Anything that had to do with making a bait we tried and shared.  Some failures, but we did it right!  

The site has changed A LOT and I am still trying to figure out how to navigate it.  Hope all is well in your world and don't be a stranger.  

Tally

Hi Nathan,

yes I am still in Missouri.  That was a great time in your shop!!  There was some great minds in your shop that day and a blast to meet everyone.    Maybe  I can be a part of another get together lol..... although I have not made a bait in years, but I am getting the bug.

I am still snooping around and getting up to date but I don't see many of the "old" gang.   so I don't know who is really into the bait making process like we all were at one point.    I am sure after reading a few post I will know lol

good to hear from you and don't be a stranger

Tally

• Like 1

thanks eastman03......

This a great site to learn!!  I haven't met to many of the members yet, but if they are anything like the old members you will be very pleased with the help you receive.    If you have any questions, fire away!  Make the bait the right way and you will have a lot of fun.  Not to mention you will really learn from your mistakes so if you have an idea...... try it!!

Tally

Well I decided to come back and visit. Way back I was building a fair amount of tackle and participated in a tackle swap with some of the names above. Still have some of that … great work and quality!

Got sponsored then got away from making tackle. Now retired so with all the extra time (ya right)  trying to get back to it.

Glad to see the site is still going. And ironically I was still a member Thanks!

TM