desertbird

Dev 2ton touch up

I finished a batch and have a couple that need a little bit of touch up where it's too thin and a spot of the body is not coated as thick.

When I tried this before, the touch up spot was noticeable. Meaning it was raised more then the surrounding top coat.

Would thinning the dev 2ton help blend a touch up spot into the surrounding top coat?

Obviously this is only noticeable to me, i'm sure the fish won't care ;-)

I have never had great luck retouching clear to get a factory like finish.  If that's what you're looking for I would suggest another coat over the entire bait. You could try thinning with a drop or two of denatured alcohol and retouching just the affected areas.  If it's just for you, like you said the fish won't care. Lure turner would help greatly as well.

• Like 1

To fill in a fisheye, you have to use just enough epoxy to fill the void, no more.  So it really becomes artistry and luck.  Or you can go whole hog.  Overfill the fisheye slightly, fully cure it.  Resand the entire lure, clean with some denatured alcohol.  Now re-epoxy the lure,  you’re right, the bass don’t care.

• Like 1