KingfisherWI

Head Cement Problems

Hello, what is everyone using to "coat" their knots with after tying? I am currently using "Jackson Cardinal Flies Water-Based Head Cement" and I am having alot of problems with not just it hardening, but its ability to stay hard when it comes into contact with water (according to customers that I have had to issue refunds to). Please help me

Big fan of water base products here.  Go to a craft store (or Amazon, I have seen "Fusion in fly shops also) and buy a small bottle of "Liquid Fusion" fill one of the small dispenser bottles from a fly shop about one third of "Fusion" and top off with water.  The "Fusion is so thick that it will take about a day to mix  thoroughly with the water.  (adjust the ratios to suit you)  You have a life time supply in a four ounce bottle that will not dry out or thicken unless you do not cap it at all. 

Provides fairly quick drying  water proof shiny tie offs to flies or jigs.  Good all purpose glue also. No fumes at all.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:05 PM, JimP said:

Big fan of water base products here.  Go to a craft store (or Amazon, I have seen "Fusion in fly shops also) and buy a small bottle of "Liquid Fusion" fill one of the small dispenser bottles from a fly shop about one third of "Fusion" and top off with water.  The "Fusion is so thick that it will take about a day to mix  thoroughly with the water.  (adjust the ratios to suit you)  You have a life time supply in a four ounce bottle that will not dry out or thicken unless you do not cap it at all. 

Provides fairly quick drying  water proof shiny tie offs to flies or jigs.  Good all purpose glue also. No fumes at all.

This works really well.