saratovfishing

Acrylic Stone

I often shake my head when I see centrifugal molding for soft baits and the numbers of people that think its the next big thing. The large volume producers don't use it for a reason. 1- you don't get an even distribution of flake (as evidenced in the above video at the end with all the flake bunched up at the tail). 2- for the same reasons as 1 you can't run salt or any other weight additive as it will get pushed to the out side edge of the mold. 3- There is no way to consistently produce laminates. 4- Time, in the same amount of time it took to load the mold in the centrifuge, pour the baits and then cool and open the mold, I and several others I know could have shot 3 times as many baits by hand, all while being able to produce laminates, use higher loads of glitter and added salt or other additives if needed. 

No, in artificial stone you don't get the same finish, unless you lubricate the molds the baits tend to stick in the molds and they don't handle the heat anywhere near as good as aluminum. 

I sell my baits and I prefer to sell baits that have a nice finish on them and I'm pretty sure my customers prefer to buy baits with a nice finish. That's why I don't buy Do-It ES molds or stone molds.

*Edit* I bought one ES mold and put the kibosh on that as soon as I saw the finish.

Edited by Elf

On 12/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, saratovfishing said:

@DaveMc1 To evenly distribute the sparkles in the bait, you can use a frequency converter. I can shoot a video that turns out and the bait already look more beautiful. I do not want to argue with you, for a working day it is from 9 am to 5 pm, I alone can otgotovit 500 pieces of baits. This is when we use multiple colors. The main thing in the work is a person's imagination and readiness to make unusual bait.;)

McqGeYNWm1M.thumb.jpg.8b81a8c0c19336495387ea7bb53a155b.jpgOEeHMdfQ_OE.thumb.jpg.f74fb77f70520560c2d7ab88c29ba0ec.jpg

500 in an 8 hr day? I'd definitely not be able to make a living at that. Like I said, with similar cavity counts there are some of us that can shoot 5-10 times that in a day. Hell I have a couple baits that I can produce 1000 - 1600 per hour, AND i can shoot a real laminate and get even glitter/salt distribution. 

Edited by DaveMc1